LilyMop
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2019
81 hugs
given
Default Jan 11, 2020 at 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
The past 8 years of my life have been especially painful and I have isolated more and more until it's almost to the point at which leaving my apartment is difficult. One of the reasons I've become reclusive is because I have a number of friends in my life who contact me when they need help and support. I'm reliable, and they know it.

Then, too, I have never been good at reaching out to ask friends to be supportive. Deep down, I believe that I'm a burden.

How are you with regard to reaching out for help, LilyMop?

I am like you and I very rarely reach out anymore. I talk to people here on PC a little bit but that’s all. I am usually the reliable one and people come to me when they need something. The other day I invited a new friend to a meditation class. I just now saw on Facebook that she is attending a meditation class some where else with other friends tomorrow. I’m wondering why she didn’t invite me. I told her I was really interested in going to more meditation classes. This happens to me a lot. I had a friend for five years that texted me all the time and I invited her to do things with me all the time. Never once in five years did she invite me to anything or include me with her other friends. We had a falling out and I didn’t care to continue the friendship after that. I can’t figure out why my friendships end up like this and I’m pretty close to just giving up.
LilyMop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672, Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, Purple,Violet,Blue, TunedOut