Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 11, 2020 at 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
The group for this subject exists, but this thread seems to be where posts are happening.

My kids are both doing very well in life, which is not a surprise. They were raised with a tremendous amount of love and support. And encouragement. And stability. My daughter was so indulged, in fact, that she's selfish and self-serving. I never faced that before she stopped communicating with me. I have finally had to come to terms with the reality...I have always adored her and been there for her 100%, without exception. I guess I taught her to be obsessed with herself.

I don't know. I'm exhausted from 14 months of ruminating over the whole thing. I miss her so much that I feel I'm losing sanity. I was youthful and had a sparkle, even when I was down. Now I'm a sad, aged woman with no meaning to my life. My therapist keeps saying there's hope for all this great stuff. What great stuff? Hope for what? Hope that someday my kids might visit me a few times/year on a Sunday for an hour?

I feel less hopeful with every day that passes.
There is hope for great stuff with or without the kids in our lives. I feel like I keep getting my butt kicked, but I keep getting up and being resilient. I have a couple of good friends and have great times. It’s important to be a little selfish ourselves. Take care of yourselves.

Hugs from:
here today

Thanks for this!
here today