Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2020 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
Have Hope, I'm also petite and 5"2. My BMI is healthy now but it wasn't always.

My BMI was 25 like yours is now; which is 5-10 pounds overweight. That's nothing! 141 pounds is not as bad as 241 pounds. At one point, before I did intermittment fasting, when my thyroid was kaput, my weight ballooned to 200 pounds. I was insulin resistant, my thyroid was hypo and had stopped working, my heart became enlarged so it couldn't efficiently pump blood through my body (as a result of my thyroid dying when I was put on Lithium by a bad psychiatrist -- my mother's pdoc) when I was 21. Up until that age, my heart was a normal size, I had no insulin resistance, my weight was normal, and I didn't have asthma or hay fever, or eczema, or anything.

But those few months that the pdoc illegally prescribed me Lithium for "grief" instead of a legit mental health diagnosis, he ruined my health forever. What followed has been a cascade of health failures of my body's systems in 28 years. Because one asshole with a license to prescribe, chose me to line his pockets with money from my health insurance company and Big Pharma, by prescribing me a drug I didn't even need!

I would not go overboard about your weight. No diet is needed. Not even intermittment fasting. Not for 5-10 pounds. Just be sensible with the hours you eat, and the type of food you eat. Go for casual walks and get enough sleep and by March the weight will have sloughed off naturally.
I’m so sorry for what you’ve gone through! Sounds horrible. Hugs.

I’m definitely focused on losing weight. I just don’t feel comfortable and prefer myself thinner. I’ll try not to obsess though. I’ll try.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote