Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2020 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
I'm having an alright day. Nothing special going on.

Aside from that, I can't wait to get a remote starter installed in my car tomorrow!! Going to Best Buy's auto center to get it done. They said the estimated time is 2.5-3 hours, so hopefully they won't run too much later than that.

On the downside of things, I'm conducting interviews all week long. It's going to be a mess. Half of these people are just awful fits for the company. They put a ton of crap on their resume to get the recruiters' attention, but then they can't backup what they wrote. I'm thinking to myself, "do you honestly think you're going to get a job if you lie or exaggerate on your resume? I can tell you're lying based on how you interviewed." I mean, I do give these people some leeway, but like... if you say you know something WELL but you can't answer the most basic questions about it, then you lied. For example, it's like saying you're an accomplished baker and you don't know what "flour" is. Huh???

I think it'd be mean to blacklist people at the company for something as minuscule as this, but at the same time, they are blatant lies. I don't see the purpose of letting them interview again because it's a huge waste of time and resources, but hey, I'm not the recruiting dept, so they can do what they want.

Hopefully your remote start will be installed quicker than expected.

I have managed in the past and needed to interview seems like hundreds of people. A bit of padding here and tell I had no trouble with but sometimes people just don’t know when to quit and just be eager to learn.

I hate you have this job to do :sadhug;

Hugs from:
Sunflower123