View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jan 12, 2020 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretwister View Post
On my forth week of Viibryd , second week at 40mg . . . this is my second try of a new med with my new Pdoc . . . we are trying to ease my anxiety ( and grinding my teeth ) . . . tried prozac first with increased nervousness . . . now the Viibryd . . .

problem is I am not sure if it is having enough positive effect . . . it appears to be numbing me some , it has brought up some feelings of sui , and though it is hard I have been able to take less xanex lately . . . but I am still having the anxiety from work and also now at home . . . it seems everything has turned into a struggle . . . my blood pressure is up 25-30 points . . . and my head and neck muscles stay tight all the time . . .

it takes so long for these meds to have there full effect . . . I hate to keep trying new meds over and over but not sure if I will get much different results by continuing with the Viibryd . . .

I know everyone is different and reacts differently to meds and I know no one can give any real constructive advice . . . but I guess I just wanted to vent a little . . .

I see my Pdoc next wednesday . . . she seems quite nice but I do believe she does not have a lot of experience . . . and I really believe she would do whatever I asked . . . my issue . . . I don’t know what to tell her because I am not sure what I am really feeling myself . . .

like I said just a vent . . . Tigger .
Hi wiretwister. It seems like you are still struggling in significant ways. I hope you tell your pdoc about the sui and the physical symptoms you are experiencing. They should not be ignored.

Teeth grinding is something I have struggled with off and on (more on) for much of my life. I had a period when that was particularly severe. Unfortunately, my psychiatrist seemed to ignore my complaints about that, for the most part. When I'd talk to my dentist, all he'd recommend is a mouth guard. I don't know about you, but my main (or even only) teeth grinding was during the daytime. Not at night. I've worn some of my teeth down so much that an endodontist said my teeth look like those of a much older person. The reason I had to go to an endodontist was for two root canals (both of my front teeth) that were clearly related to my long-term tooth grinding. I don't mean to scare you with this, but it's obviously not something to be ignored by doctors. I don't have dental insurance. The root canals at the endodontist, plus fees from my dentist, cost altogether about $3,500 at that time. Marvelous, huh?

Knock on wood, I have not been grinding my teeth for a while. My anxiety levels have been comparatively low. I'm not sure if there are also other factors involved. Sometimes I believed the teeth grinding was like a comforting action.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
wiretwister

Thanks for this!
wiretwister