~Christina
Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2020 at 10:33 PM

This is a medical issue but you guys are a wealth of medical knowledge so ....

My husband.

In the last few weeks and again today.

He will be in his recliner and just lean back to recline and gets a horrible “ muscle crap/spasm/sharp pain on his right or left side .. think groin area but about 10/12 inches right above. My husband has a huge pain tolerance but he yells out in pain and pants, pain is severe and is lasting about approximately 3-4 mins then gradually eases to just an sore ache, he gets slight help drawing that side leg up.

Today’s hit him out of the blue sitting at his desk , straight up , no bending or reaching. This has happened twice on right side and now twice on left side.

He’s on prescription strength potassium and his last blood tests showed normal range

He has no fever, appetite is normal, no new foods, no nausea

I can’t feel any mass.. once the major pain passes he’s sore but no major rebound pain.

I don’t feel a hernia anywhere, he’s had hernia repair in the past low abdominal area and he said pain is totally different.

Bowel sounds are normal with regular BM ‘s it’s not bloating or gas.

No pain with urination , it’s clear. No pain in kidney area.

His pulse usually spikes to 180 -190 during the worst of the pain then drops back into the 80’s denies chest pain.

Our sodium intake is basically the same, we seldom ever use salt on anything.

So am I missing anything ?? I told him last night that if it continues I insist he go see our Doctor....

Ideas?

Thanks!

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bizi, Purple,Violet,Blue, Rick7892, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
bizi, Wild Coyote