Thread: Facebook
View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Jan 13, 2020 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaViaHaldol View Post
I hate fb. I had a page for my dj persona, but deleted it and put up just a place holder with a blank page and an auto reply on my messenger to email me.

I don't use regular fb. I had used it to get in touch with old friends at one point, but ended up that I really didn't care what they were up to and most likely vice versa. I have mostly family on my friends list and would only comment and not post. I have not been on there since before July 2019.

I am interested in what creative stuff you are into. I am a creative also and it's cool to talk about that stuff. Do you draw or paint, write?
I have a passive-aggressive relationship with FB It does allow me to keep in touch with my best friend who lives in Portugal, as well as relatives far flung across the globe in other countries. Otherwise, I wouldn't know they existed.

Good for you for preening your FB time down to nil. I never used to be online as much as I have been. It has its pros and cons. That's for sure.

I wrote my first story about a briefcase caper when I was in 3rd grade. On yellow legal pad paper with Crayola illustrations. And stapled.

I love to write. Forget novel prose form. Can't do it. Tried. Terrible. Short stories, and poetry and journalistic writing instead. In my late 20s and early 30s, I got freelance writing gigs for print publications. But then I had a nasty accident that interrupted that path and derailed me and I just never got back into it. But since this is a gig economy, and I'm signed up to take a free workshop later this week on how to set up a consulting business online, might as well ask the two consultants who are leading the workshop for guidance.

I'm also interested in screenwriting as well. I took a $10 intro to tv writing class online and learned a lot. The kicker I learned is that most tv writers either got their gigs through networking, or contests, or agents, or pure luck. Also, I go to the library a lot and use the books I find there with regards to writing and publishing. Who says you have to spend big bucks to learn.

I also love to paint. I used to paint in acrylics in high school and college. Not abstract but more scenic. On small canvases. Now my interest is in screen-print art. But I also like the idea of painting on canvas using stencils. When I have the money (god help me whenever that is), I plan to take an introductory course in screen-print art making, but not sure when that will be.

In college, I took a world music class and wrote and composed a piano piece that I had to perform with classmates. Three classmates and I co-wrote the song lyrics to sarcastic, bluesy song that made fun of the politician in office at the time, and we co-wrote the music; I played the piano, and the other two classmates played the Djembe and the acoustic guitar. Sometimes I think I should have fought harder to follow my passion for music and percussion (piano and drums) and go to music school etc. and all that. When I substitute taught for music teachers, I enjoyed showing music documentaries, teaching percussion rhythms with drum sticks or shakers, chants, clapping rhythms, and teaching kids how to compose their own songs using a music staff and notes.

That's cool that you mix music too. What's your style? I knew a DJ in college.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote