Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 13, 2020 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
From everything you have said about your job, I agree with you. Poor management at the top tends to trickle down to the other levels of the organization, making real change very unlikely. In addition, from what I have seen, the most incompetent managers usually don’t realize they are incompetent. Everyone else is the problem in their minds. So, they rarely listen to criticism and are unwilling to change. Of course, this poor management bodes poorly for the company’s future, so even if you do stay, who knows if the company will be around in another year.

At my previous company, for example, IT and upper management implemented a new content management system without getting any input from the editorial staff that were actually going to use it. When that was a disaster, WE were blamed for working more slowly, making the system unstable and not being able to keep up with the expected production levels.

There are a lot of crappy places to work, but there are definitely good places where you will be treated with respect and listened to. At least, these days you can often check out an employer’s reputation online, which could help if you are deciding to accept an offer. Best of luck with the search.
All soooo true. That’s what I’m seeing in my company.

I found a great job to apply for today so that’s good.

~4 Non Blondes

Hugs from:
bpcyclist