View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2020 at 06:48 AM

Um, I wasn't looking for opinions, but nonetheless I got opinions and criticisms, which I happen to disagree with.

This is a mental health support forum isn't it? Not an opinions forum?

@resurgam -- your comments are frequently the opposite of supportive. I'd like to remind you that this is a support forum, and a mental health forum where people have issues and simply seek support. And I disagree with you. My work is causing me mental health issues: that means it's time to leave. I view this as a strength. I don't see it as being strong to remain in a toxic work environment that is rampant with bad leadership, stemming from the CEO downwards, when it's effecting my mental health. I see that as being stupid and naive. It's a sinking ship! Why do you always have to turn things into a negative? You like to poke holes in everything I say and turn it into a negative. You do the opposite of what I would call being supportive. What you do is disempowering. Maybe you should look at yourself and how your own issues interfere with being supportive to others on here. Again, I remind you that this is a support forum, and people expect and want supportive replies. It's written in the guidelines.

@seesaw, It is true that maybe I don't weed through them well enough in the interview process. I know the next time, I will try better in the interview process to weed them out. As you said, most work environments have big problems and toxicity to them. I am simply looking for strong leadership that doesn't try to undermine their employees. There was no way for me to know that when I first interviewed. And I later found out through a former colleague that my boss has thrown many people under the bus in order to get ahead, not just me, but several others. And he's the worst of them all.

I already bring my positive energy to my current work environment. I've stated that I am the most positive on my whole team. I go to work, I do my work, I am a strong team player and i am very positive. What more can be asked of me?

Why do I feel defensive in my own thread? People poked holes in my enthusiasm when I wanted to go after a leadership role in my company, and now people are poking holes when I want to leave and say that it's a strength to leave.

Again, I wasn’t looking for opinions or constructive criticism. I did not ask what people think nor did I ask what can I do better. The premise of this forum is to provide support. To me, that means supporting the OP in their feelings and validating them.

I will walk alone....

I give up, on here and in life.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jan 14, 2020 at 08:39 AM..

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul, Purple,Violet,Blue