Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 15, 2020 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I admit to being wrong or being insensitive and believe strongly in apologizing or making amends. I do not know if the people you describe fear being wrong as much as they fear doing the work to make amends or apologize. I dont mean you have to debase yourself and grovel but there is power and freedom to being wrong and admitting it. Maybe people like that do feel its a flaw or have issues admitting them. I always felt that people that had a strong desire to be right even shutting out facts that "prove" they are wrong feared being vunerable. I do not know if its past trauma or abuse history or even bad role models. Maybe youre right and it is fear, I feel like I have talked in circles.
Oh you are fine, I totally get where you are coming from. Yeah sometimes they just don't want to deal with apologizing. That can be an effort. But yeah, in other cases like if someone is an arrogant know-it-all, then yeah it is a legitimate fear. I knew a couple people in college that were like that. They feared being wrong enough to the point where if someone called them out on it, they would respond with extreme anger and would appear very shaken up and clearly distressed. So yeah, it all depends on the individual's personality and how they were raised.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes