View Single Post
Ailuros

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Jan 15, 2020 at 12:23 PM

We're in Pennsylvania. My boyfriend wants the kids back. Our home is clean (I own it), has plenty of space, we both have good jobs...basically it makes no sense for them to be with the grandparents anymore and definitely even less sense given the home environment. But my bf was told that at the time of the adoption that it was permanent. And yes, they receive a lot of money from the government for the boys. Around a couple thousand a month in cash between the mothers death benefit and the adoption of brothers. Then they also get food stamps. We have no idea where the money is going other than that my bf noticed they paid off their new cars very quickly. I personally feel like the whole thing is a scam. We know if we got CYS involved that it's likely the boys would be taken away but then given to the mothers family who live a few hours away so we are very scared to go that route because we may never get to see them again. One potential positive thing is that his father agreed last night to take the youngest to a counselor and assured my bf that he would follow through and insisted the house repairs would be done by June (he's made these claims before, many times though). Also, he said for now the youngest will not be coming over to our home but the older son can. But we both know that even if they do follow through and take him to a counselor that they will never admit to their living situation or how they feed them, etc because they know it's not right and they don't want to admit they may be doing something wrong. I told my bf that we should be able to speak to the counselor too because it's our house where the bulk of the problems occur. He said that he'll follow up with his father on that when they get an appointment established. I doubt they'd ever let us speak to anyone because then they'd be caught because we'd tell the truth. I guess for now it's just more waiting on them. I wish the boys could just come live with us. I think we may need to speak to a lawyer like you had mentioned.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote