View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2020 at 03:38 AM

I see your username includes the word "Zen." I think that is the direction I would personally go with this. Lots of good advice above, too.

My universe view is that I work to not desire that other humans be and behave in ways that are not in their nature. The reason for this is that, as in your situation, my expectation that they behave well is extremely likely not to be met, since that is not their nature. When that expectation is not met, I experience discomfort, disappointment, rage--whatever. Suffering, if you will.

So, in your situation, your desire to be treated with diginity and respect by this woman is not occurring because she is a jerk. That is who she is. You wanting her to be other than who she is is actually what is the cause of your suffering here, not her conduct. She is just being perfectly and wonderfully the total jerk and loser that she is. It is her nature. My suggestion is that you accept that fact and move on.

In short, in the Buddhist way of looking at these things, stop wishing, hoping, desiring her to be someone she is not. Accept her for the jerk she is. Think of her like you might a bizarre and interesting new species at the zoo. Then, I think you will feel much better.

Hugs from:
Bill3, Fuzzybear