Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2020 at 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Open Eyes I am so sorry to read this. This was not only illegal but she tried to implicate you in a crime she did!!

In my opinion there may (or should) be shame involved but mostly she is probably lying to save her own skin and I am sad to say possibly spiteful towards you.

I am not from the U.S. I am not familiar with your laws. What I can say is in the UK POA does not give a person the right to use the person's money for the attorney's own gain - there are controls and limits.

In the UK this crime is called 'financial abuse' and as such the police would pursue it (without personal cost of a civil action). I don't know if this is the case in the U.S.

Hugs. It's hard enough coping with bereavement without this too.
Yes, financial abuse to elders is something the police & DA (district attorney) will handle as criminal, but they investigate & if they don't find enough proof (if it is just he said, she said) & they don't have enough PROOF to prosecute, they will NOT take the case.

In my case, if I had not stopped payment on the checks or the home care person had actually cashed them, the police said they would have had the evidence they needed. When there is no proof available to PROVE them guilty (even though we KNOW they are) it can never be won in a legal battle & money trying will just be thrown away

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, Open Eyes