Metaphysic

Member Since Aug 2016
4,912 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2020 at 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
I cant tell you if this is dissociation in ………...your...…….. body or not, only your own doctors can say that...

what I can say is that if you google dissociation, and various dissociative disorders you will find the diagnostic criteria that is what treatment providers go by for diagnosing dissociation disorders. you may notice that one of the diagnostics is that the problems can not be because of things like seizures and drugs and alcohol and any other mental disorder or other physical health disorder.

that said some locations have added new mental disorders including a special kind of dissociation disorder that has seizures. to find out if you have this problem you will need to contact your treatment providers so that they can get you scheduled for some tests that will tell you if you have this special kind of seizures. this disorder labeling is relatively new so you wont find much on the internet about it nor the key factor that makes it different from other seizure disorders, but it is worth checking out.

what else I can tell you is that when you google mental disorders you may find information that fits what you are describing but may in fact be misleading you in the wrong direction. for example in a disorder that I used to have DID the new diagnostics include the term possession. this does not mean hearing other peoples thoughts or mind reading or ether people projecting their thoughts into my head and it does not mean that I had ghosts and spirits jumping into my body. possession is a cultural term for example my native American culture uses this term to mean ownership. like how if someone was carrying drugs or alcohol a police officer would say that person is in possession of drugs and alcohol. In DID / dissociative disorders the term possession means that there is a list of various cultures/ races that use that term to show ownership and their sense of agency.

my treatment providers call it psychosis not dissociation when I am feeling like others are projecting their thoughts and emotions on me, and when I am having the things you posted about.

now for your question what does dissociation feel like, it feels like what ever dissociative symptom a person is having. for example one of my dissociation symptoms is feeling numb. that's how it feels numb. what ever dissociation symptom you are having that's how you are feeling.

my suggestion is contact your treatment providers. they will help you to understand what your problems are called and how to best treat them.
I'm not really concerned about labels. I don't have DID. I just know it's from the psychedelics and it's happening again and I want this to go away. I haven't had seizures since I was a baby (Absence seizures) and the only time I had seizures since then was this morning while in sleep paralysis every time I moved my eyes up. So idk.
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote