Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 17, 2020 at 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
I haven't read the whole thread but just wanted to give part of my experience of life.

When I was younger, a teen and in my twenties, I remember being very self conscious, very worried about being wrong - in my speech and actions, behaviours - always self examining, criticizing & self-criticizing, too. And looking back, all I can say is that it was because I still didn't know who I was as a person, I was still finding my way. And, so, it was very easy to fear being wrong - because people, at first, want to right: they want to be right to who they are as people. But this fear, again, in my experience, can be exaggerated by, perhaps, a sense of shame and humiliation carried in one's mind. Because I think we're all looking for what's right.

So, basically, yes, I can see how people fear being wrong on many levels. Just look at politics, too, and what happens there. Fear, fear, fear - it's everywhere you look.

Just my opinions.
Yeah true. I can see where you're coming from. That makes sense and I can see how that plays a lot into fear. Yeah, politics involves lots of fear, same with the military.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul