View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
Default Jan 18, 2020 at 05:44 AM

Hey @justneedtotalk76 read the link, its one of the most comprehensive lists I have found.
64 Signs of Mental and Emotional Abuse: How to Identify It, What to Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by justneedtotalk76 View Post
Let me start by saying I am in a same sex marriage. I have known my spouse for most 3 years, and we have been married for almost 2. We have a 19 month old daughter. I just need some advice.

Things have been going really well for almost 2 weeks. That seems like the cycle before it goes sour. I said something yesterday that upset her and started her anger over. I didn't even realize what I said would upset her. And I told her it was taking out of context and I didn't mean it that way. But regardless I am in a living hell again. Once she gets angry I feel that I don't even exist. I'm ignored and thrown to the side.

I feel like I am constantly apologizing or trying to make things right. I don't feel that she thinks any of it is her. I have never threated to leave her. I married her because I wanted to spend the rest of my life together. I am in it for the long haul. She has told me several times that she wants to end the marriage. All of this has taken a toll on me. I feel insure, beat down, worthless. I just feel like I'm in her way most days.

The last fight we had before this was over a dirty faucet. I had gotten food on it while I was cooking. She said I did it on purpose. She said hurtful things. She even told me that I didn't deserve to be on our daughters birth certificate. I don't resent our daughter I really don't. We just have totally different parenting styles. And only her way is correct I don't have much say so in the matter. So it makes me disconnected at times.

The simplest thing will make her scream. I can not say what I feel in fear of being placed on the silent treatment again. I just walk around on egg shells waiting for the next cycle of goodness. I don't know how much more I have in me.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
justneedtotalk76