Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2020 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2011 View Post
Yes especially if it’s busy and whatever I had to say is urgent. That would annoy the hell out of me if they don’t answer.
Okay then, if YOU don't like it when someone doesn't answer you, then obviously that's how THEY are feeling when YOU don't answer. I've worked at Arby's. There is absolutely positively 100% NO REASON you need to be so focused on wiping off a table that you cannot pay attention to what's going on around you. What if a customer was wanting your attention and you ignored them and your boss saw OR they complain to the boss that you were rude to them? That's a write up right there. What if a gunman walked in and was robbing the cashier while you were lost in your own thoughts? Part of being in a job is to pay attention to what's going on around you at least for safety's sake. I just can't possibly imagine you being "so focused" on wiping a table that you tune people out. I don't think you're focused on the task at hand, I think you're daydreaming and tuning people out and that's going to get you in trouble.
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote