Legendary
Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
Heart Jan 18, 2020 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Well, Day 2 of the Great Add-A-Ton-Of-Depakote-And-Restoril experiment is in the books and it is an abject failure. 90 minutes of sleep last night. My brain is just laughing at anything we throw at it. I am on so much sedating medication right now and about an hour or so after I take it, I could literally run two freaking marathons. It's just ridiculous. I wonder if there has ever been someone so refractory to sleep meds that they just never really slept again?

So, I guess it sounds like adding Thorazine is next. I am not hopeful. More to follow.
You're being a sport about this!

Many people do respond quickly when introducing Depakote, many don't. Your blood level will increase over a few days and, hopefully, it will help you more than it is right now.

Are you on an extended release formulation? If so, it might be possible to use an immediate release in addition?

I did this with a friend who was manic, under his pdoc's supervision. It worked quite well for him, while the extended release formulation was increasing his blood level of Depakote.

There have been times when I'd beg for Depakote if/when I'd needed it. I have found it can be quite helpful in evening things out, usually rather quickly in my case. We are all different, of course.

You seem to be doing a great job of being patient!

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Sunflower123