Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 19, 2020 at 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
Would he consider couples counseling? His anger defiantly needs addressed. You also need to be able to let him truly know how he makes you feel at times.

Everyone will argue and have fights over things but resentment can build overtime and that will destroy any relationship. ... but people need to understand how to “ fight fair”

My husband use to have arguments and some how we would both bring up crap from the past, it was ridiculous. Something would happen we would start to argue and then we both just SHUT UP , walked away...we would email each other about what caused the problem/fight. We would express in words how we both felt and bring up ways to resolve it or compromise.

It really helped our relationship. We truly put things from the past to bed, done with.

We did this for 6-8 months it really brought us much closer.

The other day we were talking and something came up and we disagreed he snapped. I took a deep breathe and didn’t respond, it was maybe 30 mins later we talked about it.

So yes learning to fight fair is so important in a relationship
He won’t go to therapy. That’s an interesting approach: email. No, he doesn’t fight fairly. I do tell him how he makes me feel when it happens, and usually afterwards. We always make up the same day and apologize.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote