eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 19, 2020 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
How you put that eskie tends to actually be something toxic individuals have said to me when they do not want to accept responsibility for their manipulative behaviors.
First off, to ever expect a manipulative person to take responsibility for their behavior is an unwise choice. To accept anything they say as truth is unwise.....but while that is said.....we do make the CHOICE to believe them or not. You can deny it.....but it is a FACT. We make that choice. Just because a manipulative person uses a factual statement to make you feel bad, it doesn't change the FACT. That is why discernment & CONTEXT & understanding of what & how things are said is so important.

Quote:
You can choose to see things that way, it's your choice" when in reality the individual IS actually lying and manipulating.
when we look at this in a broader picture, we can LEARN to recognize lying & manipulation. We don't have to continue ACCEPTING lies & manipulation in our lives. We can learn to catch things early on. We don't have to "not learn" this just because we want to love a person or only see the good in people.

If our choices end up hurting us then we need to take responsibility & learn from it. Yea, those people don't care & will just move on to some other easy prey & will NEVER take responsibility. Our choices do determine if we are easy prey or not & that is exactly why it is so important to take responsibility & learn from the past choices we have made that have ended up hurting us. You can't just lay ALL the responsibility on those that lie & manipulate & say "I would be just fine if no one ever lied to & manipulated me"

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote