Thread: Roll Call 159!
View Single Post
Anonymous40796

Default Jan 19, 2020 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingAsparagus View Post
I know I want to read some philosophy or other books but I cannot get motivated enough to read them. Does anybody have tips on how to just sit down and read for a while?

I also think I have to read everything at once. This ends up driving me insane. For example: I have like eight books going right now! This seems untenable for me.
I do one book at a time. Atmosphere is everything for me. If you go to class, you learn; if you go to the gym, you work out; if you go to the café, you dress in black and look existential asf with your dark roast.

lol

No but really, I use to go to the library, but now I go to Panera bread to read and write. I would bring a pen, a highlighter, and colorful book markers to place for paragraphs you like in the book. I make it a synesthesia experience with a coffee, a scone, ear buds playing instrumental/electronic music, a view next to a window. It's easier to read if you don't bring a laptop with you.

Do you experience flat affect or anhedonia? This can make it difficult for motivation. I bring a flask to the café on irish cream liquor bc alc helps me feel so to motivate.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, Blue_Bird, Sometimes psychotic, WastingAsparagus