View Single Post
giddykitty
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2018
3,229 hugs
given
Default Jan 19, 2020 at 07:15 PM

I have been trying intermittent fasting and can go fine feeling hungry for awhile. Thing is though, when I break my fast, I try to make up for all the missed calories...and then some. I still feel the compulsion to snack, even right after a meal. I mean, sometimes I still feel hungry, but other times it's just like a ...well, a compulsion. And those are the not so healthy snacks too.
I guess it fills a void or something, but when I'm fasting, I feel like it's a challenge to see how hungry I can get, or something. I'm basically repulsed by food.

And now, well, because of this unhealthy cycle, I became sick to the point of needing to go to the ER. I mean, it could have been an offending food, but I thi k it was also the binge and after all the days of fasting/binging. Which brings us to today, where I'm eating the BRAT diet, hardly eating or drinking all day and even though I am not nauseated, I don't feel like eating...except then when I do start to eat, I feel like I want to keep eating but the fear that I'll get sick again stops me. But I have this compulsion. It's like all or nothing for me! I hate it!

Like, I've read that with alcohol addictions it's so much easier to stop completely, but with food addictions, it's impossible because you have to eat to live. I often wish I could just hook myself up to a tube and inject food that way, rather than having to deal with my digestive system...i could also just have a weak stomach/gut. Afterall, my doctor has me on a no dairy, no gluten, no sugar, no deep fried, meal plan. It's partly for something else (an inflammatory condition), but it's also partly due to possible IBS.

So, I don't know if it's an eating disorder. I mean, my husband keeps telling me that I have no control, so in that sense, with my compulsions, maybe I do have a disorder...

If it is an ED or even partly one, how can I fix it?

Thanks!
giddykitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote