Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2020 at 06:50 AM

Hey @Val12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val12 View Post
I am finally seeing a PTSD T after nearly 30 years thanks to my previous T. We've been working for 6 months (but still no real result there), but I have not been talking to anyone about my GAD, social anxiety, OCD and depression so it has gotten worse ten-fold. I'm really suffering from all these other things. My PTSD T said we need to focus only on the PTSD, but recommended I see my previous T (whom she knows) for these other issues. I already did that for the first 2 months but it was too much. Both cost an arm-and-a-leg and I'm already borrowing money to see the PTSD T. I really can't afford to see any other T in addition to the PTSD T. It's also a lot timewise because I am trying to stay somewhat employed despite all my issues. Then, I was always retelling T1 what I told T2 and T2 what I told T1 because it was relevant so it was so repetitive despite us all discussing that one would do PTSD and the other everything else because things are so connected. I don't know what to do.
This doesnt make sense to me and honestly makes me suspicious that maybe they are both trying to reap the profits. I am not saying they are that way but.....
Your PTSD should understand. I think you need to stand up for yourself and say that you cant afford it and the trauma therapy is more important but that you may touch on other things too. Its like 50 minutes surely you can have ten of those minutes for day to day things.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote