justneedtotalk76

Member Since Nov 2019
26 hugs
given
Default Jan 20, 2020 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
Well your in a abusive marriage, I’m sorry

You say she has Bipolar ? Is she on medications ? Actually taking them ? Does she see a Therapist?

Just because she has Bipolar doesn’t mean she can be abusive, its never acceptable. How is she with your daughter ? Patient and kind?

Of course your going to question if your to blame. That’s what all victims think and will always doubt your self worth.

Will she agree to go to couples counseling? If she just refuses there’s not much you can do to save the marriage.

I think you should find a Therapist for yourself, you need support to deal with all this.

As for different parenting styles? That is a huge problem for many parents. The counseling can also help people make compromises in raising a child. A child needs a loving home and some structure to thrive.

I hope things improve for you
Thank you for your input. I do think a lot of the problem is that she will not take medication. She says it makes her worse. I have never seen her on medication before so I wouldn't even know if it helped or not. We were going to therapy until our therapist moved out of state. She tried another therapist and we tried a new couples therapist, but it didn't work out. So her and us have not had any therapy in a few months. It was also hard for me to get anything out of the therapy because we had to take the baby with us. So it felt like the entire time we were focused on the baby and not on us.

Actually since the baby has came I feel like there is no us. I know things change with a baby, but I feel like it is more than that. She stays home with her and we never have a sitter. She wants it like that, but then she seems to be angry at me because she always has the baby. I can't do enough. I do not parent the same way and I become disconnected because I feel like what I do isn't ever right in her eyes. It really is upsetting feeling this way. And it makes it hard for me to bond more when I'm always shot down. Some days are just really hard.
justneedtotalk76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
~Christina