Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2020 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
I am deeply triggered by a situation at work. They are asking me to flat out lie to a client and pretend I've been on the account longer than I have. This is asking me to compromise my integrity and morals as a professional, and it's very triggering to me. Maybe "trigger" is the wrong word here. Deeply upsetting, is more accurate.

I am going to practice mindfulness like above with this one. I am still really worked up and I FEEL like marching into the CEO son's office and giving him a piece of my mind. But I know that will accomplish the opposite of what I want and maybe they'd even fire me. Yep. So, I have to play it cool, keep my cool, and be matter of fact, while I establish a firm boundary.

This is going to be a challenge. Not looking forward to this conversation I must have. I may put it off for a couple days until I cool down fully.
Please read what I wrote on your work thread about this. I know it's an infuriating request but I think I made a suggestion about how to handle that can help you.

Your leadership (which sounds all male to me?) sort of sounds a little bit like a bull in a china shop. They mean well, but their solutions aren't always sound. I think if you address the concern the CEO's son has and help find a solution that is ethical and positive then it will make you feel better and show your leadership skills. Try to find out what he is trying to accomplish with that lie, and figure out if there is a way to frame the truth so that you don't have to. I think it's likely he's just trying to save the company's image. And as you have said before, you have ideas about how to do that.

You'll manage it just fine. I have faith in you.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Have Hope