View Single Post
Amethyst_Stargazer

Member Since Oct 2016
56 hugs
given
Default Jan 20, 2020 at 01:12 PM

For a very long time I've allowed people to treat me horribly. I never once stood up for myself and stayed completely quiet. Been bullied since I was younger and I would always cry and be alone. It got to the point where I would hide myself and anytime someone liked me, I would always wonder why. When people were really nice to me, I got suspicious. Took me a very long time to say anything or stand up for myself. Just allowed to be pushed around and mistreated, because I felt not worthy. I hated who I was inside and didn't think anyone would ever truly care about me. Sometimes I would be off alone and overhear people talking badly of me and than they would try to act nice to me when they saw me.

It took so long for me to love myself and give myself self care and love. This is how used I was to being mistreated, that it took me a long time to trust anyone and pick out good friends. Eventually I did meet some good friends who did treat me good and were kind to me. When people were mean to me, I broke down and would cry, because I was bullied my entire life. One day I don't know when but I started to focus on myself and do little things for myself because I hated how I felt inside and got tired of allowing people to mistreat me. I eventually stood up for myself and I felt better that I did. Believe this is what caused most of my depression and anxiety and I realize that now. That's how bad it got, that it affected me greatly. At one point, I built up a huge wall around me and didn't allow anyone in, due to fear of getting picked on and mistreated. I've come such a long way now and I'm proud of myself.
Amethyst_Stargazer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42019, Bill3, bpcyclist, CuriousWin, Fuzzybear, Have Hope, Lurker1234, mote.of.soul, Open Eyes, Purple,Violet,Blue, WovenGalaxy, Yzen, Zevvy

Thanks for this!
Anonymous42019, Lurker1234, mote.of.soul, mwake, WovenGalaxy, Zevvy