View Single Post
TheLostOneBeing

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Jan 21, 2020 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Hello TheLostOneBeing: I see this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to Psych Central.

I'm sorry I don't think there is going to be much I can offer with regard to your concerns. You mentioned you see a psychologist (who has known you since you were 9 or 10 years old) & said you feel his good intentions but see no progress. Still you don't want to change because you value his experience. You also mentioned both your parents, as well as your psychologist, now seem tired of you. You didn't mention if you've tried any other therapies such as CBT, DBT, ERP, etc.

I do think there can sometimes come a point where talking about stuff like this over-&-over perhaps begins to do as much or more harm than good. In fact there was another thread, here on PC, on that very subject just a few days ago. Maybe you've just reached a point where continuing to talk about this is no longer beneficial & you need to consider trying some other type of therapy? I don't know... it's just a thought. (I myself am an old man now. But I've waged a life-long struggle with my gender identity. So I'm not unfamiliar with what you're going through.) [...]

Thank you, Skeezyks. No, I haven't tried other therapies yet, and I don't know what type of therapy my psychologist utilises. I have a question for you:
Since when did you start to have gender dysphoria? In 18 years of life, I have never had any problems with my body or gender. Of course, I considered myself effeminate in some ways, but nothing too extreme - wearing women's clothes, imagining myself as a woman when masturbating, wanting to be a woman, for example - to the point of annulling myself as a man. In fact, I believe that we all have both genders within us, and I was happy with my "feminine side". I really hope I don't have gender dysphoria , as I've always liked my genitals. We have a fraternal relationship, so to speak
TheLostOneBeing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
HeineUwU, Skeezyks