Thread: Hypersexual
View Single Post
singularity01

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Jan 21, 2020 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearandLoathing40 View Post
This is ridiculous. I can't stop thinking about sex, trying to have sex, or actually having sex. From the time my eyes open until they close.
How have things been for you lately? You probably should see a doctor if you are feeling really out of control. I know that is a terrible feeling.

I've been thinking about when I have felt hypersexual in the past to figure out how to be in control of it. I think for myself that the hypersexuality results from depression. I get to the point where I don't care about anything other than feeling better and sex seems to be my go to quick fix for feeling better. It seems a lot like how some people use drugs or alcohol to cope with depression. I've been pretty good lately because I have been taking an antidepressant. I also think my depressions start off as out of control anxiety. The antidepressant has also reduced my anxiety level, but I still feel like I need to do more to relax myself. I have this book called The Relaxation & Stress Reduction Workbook. It looks like it's pretty good. I intend on reading through that some and trying some of those exercises. I've found just focusing on breathing when I'm feeling anxious helps. I'm also working on my internal monologue about myself. I have a tendency to be very self critical, so I'm trying to correct that thinking by telling myself I am not weird or bad, that I'm a pretty normal and decent person. Trying to stop the constant self judgment.
singularity01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, FearandLoathing40

Thanks for this!
FearandLoathing40