View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 21, 2020 at 02:09 PM

Just got back from Dr. T. We spent most of the time talking about stuff with D. This time, I'm certain he wiped away a tear a couple times, like I saw the tear before the wipe. They came when I was talking about how I wonder if D realizes she's different than the other kids. Wanting to fit in but not knowing how. And I wondered how to deal with that, how to talk to her about it. He had some good suggestions on how to frame it, the sorts of questions I could ask to get a sense of what she's feeling without coming out and asking it. He seemed very empathetic to my sadness around the topic. Stuff with D is one of the areas where I feel most connected to him, like he really "gets" it and feels for me. And I feel it's a very important topic for me right now to be...uh..."gotten" ...on? (Yes, I have an English degree!)

I also learned that he doesn't keep client's names in his phone (HIPAA in part, also because he doesn't want a zillion contacts), but that he recognizes my number and knows it's me if a text shows up. Which felt sorta nice, as he said many clients he has to look up (it came up because he was sharing a contact with me--a child psychiatrist--and he had to ask me his number, saying my email was in his phone if he searched, but not my number). He does apparently use my full name in his calendar though.

Hugs from:
Lemoncake, SlumberKitty