Member Since Jan 2018
3,229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 21, 2020 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post
How do you feel after the diagnosis?
I still feel the same. Confused. I feel like I'm codependent (I do the depending) on my husband, but at the same time, my physical and mental illnesses prevent me from taking care of things myself a lot of the time. The illness stuff isn't a choice, but it is a choice that I have my husband go with me everywhere. I mean, I don't NEED him, but I chose to have him go with me...or have someone trustworthy go with me. But it's a choice, so I'm not sure that's really dpd . But I mean the MI I mentioned was anxiety and that could prevent me from wanting to drive somewhere, for instance, and i instead insist my husband drive instead...although I do brave it up sometimes when he asks.

But yeah, I really think my test simply reflected the choice that I made to have husband or people with me when doing things...i CAN do things alone...although it is harder now that I've been out of the habit.

Make sense? I'm sorry for people who really do suffer from this. I mean, from my anxiety standpoint, I can relate.
giddykitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote