View Single Post
Kathleen83

Member Since Nov 2011
96 hugs
given
Default Jan 21, 2020 at 07:50 PM

Oh....I am so sorry to hear what you've been going through! I'm so glad you have found your way here, to psych central. I've found it to be a great place to let things out, tell how I'm feeling. I'm also in total agreement with what Sarah and Christina said. It sounds like you're doing good at recognizing how much continued contact through Facebook is hurting you, and YAY you for blocking him. Keep reaching out for support. A good therapist can do wonders. You mentioned having so very little time - so I'm wondering, would it be possible for you to find a way to maybe get both you and your son into therapy at the same time? As in, you have YOUR appointment with YOUR therapist, while he has an appointment with his? Build yourself a support TEAM. Your lawyer, to sort out legal stuff. The police, to safeguard you. On THAT note - even if the police can't do anything about THIS or THAT particular thing at this time....continue reaching out to them when ever you feel you need to - because, documentation. Write down every single time you call them, or visit. Sometimes what the police can't do because of it being a one-time thing, they later CAN do something about, when it becomes a pattern. And your ex sure sounds like someone who loves his patterns. Anyway - back to a team for you - so you aren't alone. Lawyer, police, therapist, this forum, other support groups, be it online, in person, whatever. Consider yourself captain of "Team Thriving" - and pick whomever you want to be on your team. Because, you are so not alone.

Dissociation

Kathleen83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Thriving101

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Thriving101