Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 21, 2020 at 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
Oh, I am seeing her (fashion report tomorrow, Info fans!)—I am just annoyed that she keeps doing this. She can see me at the scheduled time, she just asks “or could you do x y z instead?”

Ah, Dr. T does this sometimes, too. I've accommodated him every time except one because I work from home as a contractor so am generally pretty flexible. The one time, I think maybe I had to pick up D during the time he'd requested, but he was able to keep my original appointment. It's a bit frustrating because it makes me feel taken for granted, like, "Oh, surely LT will be willing to switch." I said once that it bothered me because I assumed it was for another client. That time he said it wasn't necessarily for a client, that maybe it was for something else, like his own doctor's appointment or something. Though one time recently, he asked me to shift my session by 30 minutes and told me when I was in session (after thanking me for changing) that he had a client who needed to come in who had a very specific availability.

I'm not sure why it bothers me more if it's another client vs. something personal (was same with ex-MC). I guess because it feels like he's putting another client above me, even though it's not like I couldn't make the other time, and he's generally been fine to do the original time if I couldn't make it work. I think it's just the act of being asked at all that sorta bothers me.

Well, apparently it does bother me, because I just went on for 2 paragraphs about it...but it doesn't seem worth it to bring up because it's not really *that* big of a deal. I guess it just reminds me that I'm just another client in his schedule. (though if a friend had to push back lunch a half hour, that would be fine...though presumably that would not be to accommodate another friend).

So, yeah, I get it.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
atisketatasket, Quietmind 2