Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,712 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 22, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarsOnMars View Post
I kind of got to thinking about something. I was scrolling on the internet and came across some dating advice. like that stuff actually works. I've noticed a super toxic trend in the dating scene as I've gotten older and just with relationships in general where people play these games or whoever loves the least wins.

You see it riddled everywhere like don't text back in a certain amount of time, act like you're busy when you aren't, act disinterested or generally just doing things that are inherently negative in having a quality relationship by being disingenuous.

For a long time I bombed with women or just in relationships in general because I fell into being a certain way that was manufactured in a playbook.

I'm not exactly sure if anyone who reads this might find it meaningful or not. For a while, past few years now I've been winning with having quality relationships with others because I am straight up with how I feel and what I say and if someone doesn't like that or has a problem or plays toxic games I prompt them to the doorway.

I'm also super aware of the stigma and ignorant attitudes people can have towards those with mental illness. Seeing them as less valuable, I've been in situations where I explain my mental illnesses and circumstances and people turn very hateful or just complete vanish from my life even though they were super into me.

I just wanted to remind others here that staying genuine you'll always win. I use to subconsciously participate in these mind games because I was so use to either having them done to me and perpetuating them or I picked it up from somewhere and thought its what I should do. , GL Friends!
Thank for sharing people avoid me because of the mental illness in my family.
Buffy01 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FluffyPuppy