Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,106 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 22, 2020 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I never read the book The Rules, but was taught them by my mom who was a teen and married in the early 50’s. Being a teen in the late 70’s, I thought her rules were ridiculous. Basically they consisted of ideas like; let the man pursue you, don’t be overly easy and available, act like ‘marriage material’. It was not to act disinterested, rather to not act desperate as that turns off a potential partner. Wouldn’t you agree that’s true? At the time, though, I fought it and cringed. I insisted the sexes were equal and there were no rules. But, every time I pursued, I got rejected. I concluded men don’t really want to be pursued. They want to be the hunter. It’s their nature. Ok, everyone go ahead and jump on me here! Lol. So, I did eventually take my mom’s advice and a man did pursue and marry me, and I was very happy with that.

Now, I’m not young and single in this generation. So, I have no idea what the thinking is of today. I rather liked these old school rules because we all knew what to expect. Now, with no one knowing what’s what, is everyone confused?

Being a man, I'd like to make an opinion on this. I had always disliked being the one who has make it happen. I felt like it would be nice to have the woman tell me that she's interested in me, rather than having to read her mind.

I've had women interested in me and, I wouldn't say pursue, but just be forward on letting me know how they felt. I liked that, but there were women like that with me that I was never interested in becoming more than just friends. It was a shock to some of them because they thought that I was interested in them and that I was too shy to express it. I feel like I could express it to a woman when I felt that way.

I would like to have an opportunity to tell a woman how to go about getting a man if I were asked, including the do's and don'ts. I'm probably more of an expert on the don'ts than the do's because of experience. I would tell a woman to let a guy know how she feels if she's interested in him. But also I would encourage her to read more carefully into the guy on how he feels about her so that she wouldn't get hurt. Well, if the guy rejects her, I can just tell her, "that's how it is with guys".
will19 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
FluffyPuppy