Metaphysic

Member Since Aug 2016
4,912 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2020 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
Wow these posts are old..I hope your Mom never died from her drinking and I wanted you to know everytime you said "heart palpitations" all I could think of was that your Mom is dehydrated from all the drinking....

You can not control what is going to happen to your Mom....I think you mentioned you had "studies"...I think you have to keep yourself really busy in your studies...and do not cater to your Mom and your Moms needs....Your Mom is a big girl and she needs to learn how to take care of herself...No need to empty out the wine...she will just buy more...you can't see it but looking from the outside...all of the effort you have put toward helping your Mom and she is still doing the same things. Let her figure out a way to get her life back together...and if she dies? Than it was a choice of hers to continue to live in poor health and there really is nothing you can do and I'm sorry.

I'm an alcoholic....my son worries about me too....but ultimately it is MY LIFE....I am chosing when I pick up a drink and I know what could potentially happen to me. I also take Ativan....but I try not to take it when I am drinking....I sometimes do take it by accident or when I don't care....these are all my decisions....and my son finding me dead is the last thing I want to happen...Just like your Mom doesn't want you to find her dead...So I hope she takes care of herself as I try to...at least a ENOUGH to stay alive for your girls....if she doesn't want to take care of herself you can't change it.

But you can change you and what you focus on....Of course it is HARD not to focus on worrying about if your Mom dies....But maybe if you get a little tougher on her...don't help her get food or booze...or cigs if she smokes...let her fend for herself...when she realizes she can't fend for herself very well....She will possibly STOP ENOUGH to get the things she needs...and the more she is on her own...probably the more she will have to be sober to get stuff done for herself...

I don't think if my kids didn't turn their backs on me years ago...that I would still be alive today....when you cater to someone you help them stay in their sickness.
I just read this now. Thank you for the reply.
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi