Thread: Roll Call 160!
View Single Post
Anonymous40796

Default Jan 23, 2020 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
The AP I'm on is Rexulti. I don't know if my Pdoc gave me that for depression or the hallucinations. I guess it can be used either way. I took seroquel before for a while and then I wasn't on an AP and then the doctor put me back on an AP but put me on Rexulti because he said a lot of people respond well to it. Although it made me ravenously hungry and I gained a ton of weight on it. It did help for like three months but then it doesn't seem to be working that great. He bumped me up to another mg of the stuff and there was a little improvement for about a week and then not much. He might switch stuff up when I go see him in February because he doesn't even know about my suicide attempt yet.

My anxiety feels like it is hard to breathe and I get really restless. I'm constantly moving my legs or tapping my feet or adjusting my glasses. It is okay when I first wake up but I start getting anxious about the time I am going to go to work, same on non-work days. Then I stay pretty anxious throughout the day although sometimes it tapers off in the evenings but then gets worse before bed.

When I first wake up I don't feel that well rested but after I have been up for about an hour then I usually feel pretty okay. I get tired easily though because I have ME/CFS also. So just regular activities wear me out. Usually on the weekends I take a nap. Sometimes I take a nap after work too.
Tapping your feet might feel like anxiety, but it may be akathisia. Akathisia - Wikipedia
If it is akathisia then you just might need a side effect pill called Cogentin. It's cheap, and I don't feel any side effects from taking it. It just does what it should, by making the inner restlessness, and the need to ta my legs, it stops it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty