View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jan 24, 2020 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
Definitely look into reviews like BirdDancer said. Also make sure you understand why someone hates an office (if they say they hate it). I've found that some people are utterly ridiculous when they leave reviews, though. For example, they'll rate a provider poorly because the front desk staff sucks, but it's not the provider's fault the front desk staff sucks! So you really, really have to look into what people are saying. Plus, you have to remember that people who are seeking out help typically have psych problems themselves and may have a warped thought process when they're writing their review. I'm not trying to be mean when I say this, but sometimes people are psychotic or they have some kind of personality disorder and then they leave a very negative review. Or, some people think that the psych office is going to cure all their problems when that's not 100% possible. But then there are people who do have a genuine concern about a psych office and have genuinely received poor treatment, so try not to discount every review.
This point you made, bluebicycle, is such an important one when it comes to reviews. I've seen totally off-base irrational reviews from clearly unwell patients. That's sad to see because people may avoid even considering the doctor. In one case, it was plainly clear that the same very unwell ranting patient posted 10 bad reviews on the same review site for a particular doctor (mine). On the same day. According to that website, they only allow one post per month from the same person. If that's true, that person (in their frenzy) likely created 10 separate email accounts just for the purpose of writing the multiple reviews.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote