View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jan 24, 2020 at 01:47 PM

Hi BethRags. I did take Cogentin once, but for akathisia, not tremors. It helped with my akathisia a bit, but I had to stop because of...severe constipation. It sounds like you've been spared of that. Actually, I am the only person I know who had that side effect from Cogentin. I forget how much I took.

I had hand tremors on Lithium the first time I took it (when I was taking 1,200 mg). They were pretty noticeable, and I my handwriting was pretty darned bad. Do you have tremors beyond your hands? I've heard people can. I don't always know which people are referring to. I'm not sure what qualifies as severe vs. less severe, but I can say that the second time I took Lithium (on 900 mg), I had no hand tremors. Perhaps it was the slightly lower Lithium dose? Or, I also think the beta blocker propranolol likely really helped. I took propranolol for something else at that time, but know it is also helpful for tremors. At least hand tremors. I still take 40 mg of propranolol, but not Lithium. It gives me zero side effects. My blood pressure is perfect and my heart rate is good (I take propranolol for past tachycardia). I do wonder if it may lower some people's blood pressure too much, though my blood pressure was even lower before the medication.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Wild Coyote