View Single Post
Mismatch

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Jan 24, 2020 at 02:59 PM

Thank you both for replying.

[q]The thing is, you formed a connection with this therapist. You let down your guard. He saw the real you and the real you is attractive. The goal, I think, is for you to more fully recognize that and be able to show it more easily with others in your life. Not your just your therapist, but others.[/q]

You should be a therapist yourself with that answer. I definitely need to do this more, but its hard because I have such low self esteem I just don't know how to 'be' anymore. You are right though, because a long time ago, when I was myself, I did get a lot of male attention. Confidence is the key!

I also agree that it doesn't mean he actually wants a relationship and could literally be saying it just to make a point that I am not what I think I am (unattractive). Maybe, on hindsight, bringing up up in therapy may actually be a good way to work through some of my body image issues.

I do know for sure though, that it if goes unsaid, things won't be the same as I'll be holding back my true thoughts, and he probably will be too, which misses the point in therapy.

Just the idea of being with someone who accepts you exactly as you are, is really powerful. Especially when you don't get that in other areas in life. I guess that's why transference happens in the first place.
Mismatch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, Blueberry21, LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
Blueberry21, LonesomeTonight