Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 24, 2020 at 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihirochild View Post
Possible trigger:

The stupid thing is that I talk to patients about awkward sex stuff all the tine and I don’t bat an eye. But when it comes to talking with T about this crap, forget it, I’m a blushing mess.

Yeah, it can definitely be pretty awkward talking with one's T about that sort of thing. The first time Dr. T used the word "masturbate" with me (I had been using euphemisms like "touching myself" and things, so he just used the actual word to clarify what I was talking about), I thought I was going to die of embarrassment. But now, it's OK, like we can talk about sex stuff using real terminology, and I'm sure I'm blushing during some of it and am definitely staring at the floor at times and having trouble looking at him. But it's more OK and comfortable than it was. I think it helps that he's so matter-of-fact about it.

Though I'm not sure I ever fully recovered from the time that "blue balls" was addressed in marriage counseling, and ex-MC was talking about what the sensation felt like for him, and I sort of just wanted to disappear into the couch...

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
chihirochild, Quietmind 2