View Single Post
Desoxyn
Metaphysic

Member Since Aug 2016
4,915 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 25, 2020 at 12:30 PM

I took 100mg Seroquel last night. I should have taken 50mg because the 150mg Invega Sustenna injection kicked in this morning. I took a 50mg Vyvanse this morning, went back to sleep and my god I was knocked out, woke up an hour later but had to get up cuz I'm doing things today.

What helps you personally or what can help you with the sedation? I always like my racing thoughts at the end of the injection - Cool, interesting thoughts. But I get stressed which isn't good for the brain as it can lead to psychosis. So I need antipsychotic.

I'm going for a walk this morning. So what helps me is;

- Light exercise (A little bit because it's hard to motivate self while sedated)
- Stimulation (People to talk to that don't judge your zombie state, caffeine, stimulants like ADHD medication - Rarely people with psychosis can take stimulants but I can which doesn't really help on day 1 of injection)
- Watching TV (I know... Vegetating watching TV... At least we can absorb some sort of information..)
- Keeping busy (Having a job or part time job - Likely this isn't good for volunteering because we have to be social which is hard while sedated)
- Sleep (Would suck to be on a high dose of antipsychotic every day because that's basically what we do.. Sleep.. It's a literal nightmare)
- Music and podcasts (Even though we can't really feel emotions in sound - Like TV, it's absorbing a slight amount of information)
- Idk what else. Leave in comments below what else you have in mind...
Desoxyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
Ceara1010, Sometimes psychotic