~Christina
Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2020 at 06:01 AM

Can either of you get more training so higher paying jobs are possible?

Have you asked her what the plan would be once the baby arrives ? .. will she want to stay at home full time ?? Or cut her hours way down? At her income it’s often a question of are you just working to afford childcare ?

Does her sisters with babies work at all? Who watches there child ?

Will you be able to cover all the bills ? All the things a baby will need? Diapers ?? (My daughter is 29 ) I walked past then in the store and about fell over seeing the price ! Is she isn’t able or doesn’t want to breast feed formula is outrageous..

Maybe consider rescuing puppy or dog from the spca or local animal pound, they require food and vet visits for shots, some toys and treats but unless something major happened are much more affordable than a baby.

A friend had baby fever, financially they just owed to much credit debt, they made a plan to have it paid off in a couple years then revisit the “ let’s have a baby talk”

They did get a rescue dog and now 3
years later they have a beautiful child and a dog that adores her.

I know some people just think “ oh we will find the money for a baby needs” sure sometimes that might work but often its disaster the constant stress worry and lack of money has caused many couples to divorce.