View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jan 26, 2020 at 08:09 AM

I posted this in a discord server and wanted to save it somewhere for future reference. Edited slightly for clarity and a typo.

I think I'm capable of empathizing with other psychopaths
I'll start with that
And if I'm being honest, I still don't think the "empathy" I'm experiencing is on the same level as what a normal person would experience
And certainly there's a matter of spectrums and where exactly I fall on it
Nevertheless, I have, on rare occasion, given to care about particular people who've traipsed into my life
Those people are, almost always, psychopaths themselves or at least abnormally high in psychopathic traits
And I don't simply mean, "this person thinks the same way I do so they could be more useful to me / are more interesting to me." Like, I still think about them from time to time and hope they're doing well, even though it doesn't benefit me
That's like, empathy ****, right?
I think one of the major barriers I have to empathizing with normal folk is that I just don't ****ing understand them
I do on a conceptual level, sure, and I can predict their behavior simply through observation. But I don't really get them
And a part of that is due to the fact that I experience emotions quite a bit differently than normal
But psychopaths I get, and we perceive and experience emotions the same way
So maybe I'd be able to "connect" with them on some level, at least more so than I could with a normal person.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, here today