View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jan 26, 2020 at 08:34 AM

The Carnivore Diet for Mental Health? | Psychology Today

This Dr. Georgia Ede MD is very convincing (I first saw her on You Tube) that a diet of meat only, yes you heard that right, has amazing positive changes for mental health.

I am not convinced yet because basically there are no studies on this and after a lifetime of NOT eating meat that much, I am not sure I will be able to handle it. However, incidentally I happen to know that too many carbs has been known to cause me anxiety problems (and perhaps things I am not known of). The first time I encountered this was trying a vegetarian diet and realized almost immediately I was on the verge of a panic attack, something I hadn't had in 20 years.

Also, there are many testimonials from people who are eating this way. Including Jordan and Macala(sp?) Peterson and various other people who have been eating this way for 10 years.

If you think eating this way will make it so you don't get your essential nutrients, turns out, yes, you will get all of them. Whereas, a vegetarian diet or high carb diet you won't.

I am however a strong believer in diet can make a massive difference as I have seen this on myself and also, I can't help but feel there is a real mental health epidemic and it would actually make sense if excessive carbs were actually a mental health problem.

If there continues to be no problem with it I might try it when I retire from work.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks