Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2020 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
I got hungry in the middle of the night (3am) & went downstairs into my kitchen. When I came back with my food, the headlights of my truck were on. They weren't on when I went into the kitchen. I hadn't driven my truck in 3 days. I parked it on my front yard right in front of my front door when I came home 3 days before. I made sure all my doors were locked, then went upstairs to see if I could see anyone from up there. The headlights stayed on & normally they shut off automatically after a short time. I thought maybe a short or that maybe someone had tried to steal my truck. I kept watching, then decided to call our local 911 because I really didn't want to go out & investigate all by myself. He was on another call & they said he would be about 30 min & to keep my doors locked & stay inside.

The sheriff arrived about 30 minutes after I called. He said as he was driving down the hill toward the creek by my house, the headlights were on but when he came up the hill on my side of the creek they had gone off. We walked around my truck & looked at the dew on the grass & on the truck & there was no sign that anyone had been around my truck. We talked about what might have caused it but nothing really made sense. I went back to bed (already ate my snack) & snuggled with my 2 white fluffy dogs in bed.

It was a total mystery UNTIL I noticed that my truck door popper was on my purse that was laying on my bed near where my dogs always laid. I decided to experiment hitting the emergency button on it. I knew how the door lock & unlock worked. Sure enough, it turned on the headlughts & they stayed on just like the night before. Guessing Leo must have landed on the emergency button after I went downstairs & that turned on the lights. Why the horn didn't honk may be from an earlier alarm system problem I had on the truck.....but after all the anxiety that put me through the night before at least I figured it out & it was a simple explanation.
Oh wow, yeah that is creepy and yeah too bad you didn’t realize the simple mistake sooner. It is better to be safe than sorry. Yeah I’ve has similar experiences where I think it’s serious but it turns out to be nothing. My story was most likely something very simple even though it seemed creepy.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, eskielover

Thanks for this!
eskielover