Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2020 at 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
Glad you have a good rapport with them and that they are there to help. Yeah it's always better to call them first rather than putting the law in your own hands. That's how people wind up in jail even if they were defending themselves. Good intentions in terms of defense but the manner in which they went about it still lands them behind bars unfortunately.
We went over the laws thoroughly in my concealed carry class which was given by one of our wonderful sheriff's. It was very eye opening as to what is considered self-defence & what isn't. Important to know. I think having the class with one of our sheriffs was really good since they are the ones who enforce the laws & our group was full of questions to ask for clarification.

Lol....but most of my interface with them had been with herding a cow on the highway till they arrived to help me. Lol....how that black cow got out onto the highway at midnight....we never did know how it got out of the field but the sheriff had bolt cutters & we got him back in through the gate. I was also involved with the stallions in an animal abuse case. The sheriff department rescued the stallions from their abused location & a group of us cared for them during the trial. Country sheriffs have a huge job beyond the everyday law enforcement stuff.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15