Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 27, 2020 at 03:17 AM

All the people on my Facebook i know..

I share a ton ! I always have my acct under private so only my friends can view , sure a hacker could break in but hell what are they going to see ?? Sarcastic humor memes , or I’ll do a check in if my husband and I are getting dinner somewhere, or I share lots of pictures of my daughter she’s 29, Oh and my Dogs they are always getting posted. I post about the boring drives from Tennessee to Florida we take numerous times a year.

I didn’t post any mental health stuff nor did I post about my BP , I was diagnosed at 43

Well one day I found a meme it was a positive /supportive message about Mental illness .. I was like F it , I’m coming out of my Bipolar closet... the feedback I got was amazing , 10-15 people send me messages, they also had Bipolar or have depression or any MI

I just posted freely. I’d put a post up at times about struggling with Bipolar up or down, oh I’ll post “ I’m off to see the wizard” which everyone knew was my T

I enjoy the hell out of Facebook , I don’t get upset when people post happy pictures or pics of new cars or homes . I’m happy for them , even if I’m depressed it doesn’t bother me

I have no issues with paranoia so that’s probably why I have no trouble sharing things

People are bothered when someone posts a good pic of them selves .. LOL I know for a fact they probably took 20 pics to find one tell like. Because I have too do the same thing. My pic here ? That took probably 25 until I liked one enough

I keep in touch with old childhood friends that are scattered across the country or live in other countries now , see lots of picks of our kids and granddaughter,

If someone ever felt the need to try and find me ?? Or stalk me ? Not that anyone would bother, if someone can find me out in the middle of no where they can talk to my shotgun.

I know based on this topic coming up so often here that I share a lot more than most,

People can use and share as much as they are comfortable with on social media across the board.

I went manic as hell once and was posting a lot of long some nonsensical rambling I was flooded with messages asking if I was okay.. then my husband was getting messages from loads of people ..

He posted on his page “ She’s okay just talking a million miles an hour “ I gotta find my ear plugs. LOL

I do NOT post anything religious or political, I have lots of friends and everyone has there own opinionS I’m not going ruin a friendship if we disagree , I’d rather share recipes ha!

I personally am not posting about my BP to get “ attention” i post things because it’s my page and maybe that post I made with suicide hotline numbers , I do it usually weekly ??? It might have saved a life of one of my friends silently struggling ... I cant wrap my head around that idea of doing it for attention.. I dunno maybe some people do

Rambling I said ? Yes I think I’m doing that now LOL

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
WastingAsparagus, Wild Coyote