View Single Post
Werewoman
Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 27, 2020 at 06:14 AM

I'm hetero but I dont think orientation matters when it comes to relationships. Most of my friends are LGBTQ and i see them having all the same problems hetero couples have so they are not so different as the 'vanilla' world might think.

I'm married going on 28 years. A few months after we met, his work transferred him to VA. We were in Texas at the time. I couldn't go with him because I had a child to consider and I couldn't take her out of school. Besides, living together is not my thing.
Anyway, at the time I was traveling between Dallas and Chicago for work so we could only talk on the phone. One weekend I talked the company into flying me to Virginia instead of Dallas. It was a disaster. I just remember as I was waiting to check my baggage at the airport to go back to Chicago, I turned to look back as he was driving off and he was crying too. That's when I knew it had to be.
Fast forward a year and a half in which we saw one another twice. We decided to marry at that point but we were still in 2 different states. Eventually, his work transferred him to California, sooooo.....he stopped in Texas long enough for us to get married and conceive a child, then he was off again. I was finally able to join him there with my daughter and cats in tow.
We have not had an easy marriage but we are devoted to each other. You have to want to stay together - badly if you want it to work.

Good luck and I hope you and your boyfriend can be together.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote