View Single Post
Anonymous42076

Default Jan 27, 2020 at 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
I also think that a therapist would have to balance being patient with being able to push me a bit. I have a list of qualities a therapist would need to have. Being nurturing (and not Narcissistic and cruel) is one of the requirements.

Yeah, I was going through old entries of my journal from my last therapist. I feel like some things are practiced/learned and some just come naturally to the person, and I could feel the difference but didn't know how to name it at the time. She rarely pushed me to speak about certain things, but I still felt this pressure from the few things she would say or body language.
I compare it to my psychiatrist who is pretty laid back, but would ask a lot more questions. I'd still struggle on the topic but found it a little easier to get things out. I don't think my last therapist was bad though, and I really hope I don't encounter a bad therapist.
Can I ask how do you become confident enough in reading these things in a therapist, or just any person, for you to make a decision based on what you feel? I often don't trust what I feel.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear