Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 29, 2020 at 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
Years ago, I linked my blog to various social media. It became clear soon that that was a terrible idea. I had to break the links, but it was too late, in some cases. Now, I don't feel the same freedom to post in my blog. Everything has become superficial, except on places where I have more anonymity, like PC. Even situations like having a relative make political statements that shock you can be rough to see. Though you may hear such stuff face-to-face, social media is a platform where people jump on bandwagons. Soon you may start reading people saying that all people on SSDI are leeches on society, and should rather be on the streets than collecting money. That's just one example.

I see the appeal of social media, and understand it's benefits, but it does have more than its share of negatives.
I couldn't possibly agree any more.

This is becoming a real issue for me, as I have decided to finish writing this book about the hospital. And I have also decided that I do not want it to be published posthumously--there are some time-sentsitive issues at play, in my opinion. It should be done soon.

But then what? If I go to a traditional publisher, they will want obviously to use my name. And even if they don't, probably 100 people who work at the hospital or were/are patients there will instantly know who the author is. You can't hide that sort of thing from people who know you, obviously.

So, very unsure of how to handle this. And if I couldn't share here on PC openly as I do, well, that would probably be the end of me, truthfully. You guys keep me going. Thank you so much!!

But I may have figured a way around this. Am going to think about it. A pseudonym, again, willl never, ever work--some clever reporter with contacts at the hospital will have this figured out in 3 hours and dump it on her site. It's so obvious. But I may have a workable way around it. More to follow.

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672

Thanks for this!
WastingAsparagus